Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 116...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from an old piece created immediately after learning to use my Bernina in a class with Valerie Campbell-Harding. A rather heavy layer of paint was transferred on Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web) to a black linen base. This was stitched using a variety of patterns and then embroidered by hand, including many spider webs.

The back is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on a piece of paper fabric. The paper fabric was made with scraps of late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints on unbleached muslin.

I am thrilled to be trading with Wil who blogs here.

2 comments:

Wil said...

You have many beautiful card to trade but this is my favourite! I can only say that I hope you like my card as well.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Wil!
Thanks so very much. I am thrilled to be trading with you.
Susan