Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 111...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made after cutting up an older piece of work. That work was made as the centerpiece for my first solo exhibition. It was based on architectural elements found in Gothic and Romanesque churches. The piece was created using chiffons on a heat transfer painted base. It was free motion embroidered. The original is pictured here.

It is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on the reverse. The material used on the back is a piece of vintage tone-on-tone blue batik.

I am thrilled to be trading this postcard with a brand new blogger! Marcia has just created a blog and we will have to check it out as she joins the supportive community of cyber connected fiber artists! The blog is here.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Hi there I would love to trade for this beautiful pc. It was so hard to even choose only one! I just stated a blog so I can participate and will work on getting it up and running this weekend
Marcia

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
I am absolutely thrilled to be trading with a brand new blogger! This is really exciting news....the cyber community of fiber artists is one member stronger! Thanks so very, very much!
Susan

Marcia said...

Susan
I just received your PC - it is just beautiful! I love it so much. I will finish up the trade for you soon