Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Postcard 141...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from an old piece created immediately after learning to use my Bernina in a class with Valerie Campbell-Harding. A rather heavy layer of paint was transferred on Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web) to a black linen base. This was stitched using a variety of patterns and then embroidered by hand, including many spider webs.

It is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on the reverse. The material used on the back is a piece of vintage tone-on-tone blue batik.

I'm thrilled to be trading with Janet Rhind who is part of an incredible website. It is called Fibre Art Studio. Several talented fiber artists are represented. Scroll down to Janet's name...she's got three gallery's of work to see and a link for her contact information. One of her galleries is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I would like to trade #141 Postcard with you. I live in Oakville, Ontario Canada (close to Toronto). It is VERY cold here today. I just "got wind" of your site and would love to Trade with you. I do not have a blog, but I do have a website: www.fibreartstudios.com I will try to "blog" on below. I will also send you an email so you can tell me what I've done wrong. Thanks. Oh, by the way, my name is Janet Rhind.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Janet!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you! Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan