Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Postcard 131...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from a background of black linen with heavily painted Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web). It was created shortly after my first machine embroidery class (under Valerie Campbell-Harding) and one of the only times I've used the lettering option on my Bernina. It says "endless possibilities"...most of the time. For some unknown reason there are a few spelling errors (must have been a broken thread and incorrect restart!) To this, I added one of my old keys.

It is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on the reverse. The material used on the back is a piece of vintage tone-on-tone blue batik.

I'm thrilled to be trading this postcard with Jacqueline who is part of the Invitational Section of CYBER FYBER and whose blog I regularly read here. Jacqueline's website is here. (I love her music too!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is the one but I am not sure anymore, I change about five times. They are all so beautiful!

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Jacqueline!
I'm so glad you wrote back! I wasn't sure anymore either! Glad you like this one and I'm thrilled to be trading with you and especially eager to see your work in person and hang it in the gallery! Thanks ever so much!
Susan