Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 87...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was created after slicing up an older work called Feminine Beauty. It had been a collage of late 19th century engravings (mostly fans and jewelry) on citron colored linen with painted Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web), bits of lace and millinery net, and metallic foiling. It was heavily hand stitched, beaded, and included couched on pieces of costume jewelry and buttons.

The reverse is a Japanese postcard brought home by my elder son Mathias after his first trip. It is signed and dated in ink.

I'm thrilled to be trading with Kate whose blog I regularly read. It is here.

2 comments:

Kate North said...

Hi Susan - I'd love to trade a card with you - very hard to make a decision, but I think this is the one :) Will email you with my details. xx kate

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Kate!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you...especially since you were one of the most influential people helping me to enter the world of trading. Your postcards are always an inspiration. This is my honor to accept.
Thanks!
Susan