Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 83...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from an old piece created immediately after learning to use my Bernina in a class with Valerie Campbell-Harding. A rather heavy layer of paint was transferred on Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web) to a black linen base. This was stitched using a variety of patterns and then embroidered by hand, including many spider webs.

The back is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on a piece of paper fabric. The paper fabric was made with scraps of late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints on unbleached muslin.

I'm thrilled to be trading this postcard with Diane who blogs here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the combination of hand and machine embroidery in dark rich hues. Although I would prefer 116 in a similar style it appears to be already taken. Count me in. Here's my blog: http://needlescape.blogspot.com

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Diane!
Yes, # 116 is gone but I'm thrilled to trade this one with you! Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan