Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 71...Trade Being Arranged!



This postcard was made from an old piece created immediately after learning to use my Bernina in a class with Valerie Campbell-Harding. A rather heavy layer of paint was transferred on Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web) to a black linen base. This was stitched using a variety of patterns and then embroidered by hand, including many spider webs.

The back is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on a piece of paper fabric. The paper fabric was made with scraps of late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints on unbleached muslin.

I am thrilled to be trading with a brand new blogger, Anett, who already has some great photos of her work posted on her blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

I want to trady this card whith you.
I am from Hannover in Germany. Hope it is OK.

Your´s Anett

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
I'm thrilled to be trading with Anett who just started her blog!
Susan

Anett said...

Today I get your wonderful card. Thanks a lot.

Anett