Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 96...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made after cutting up an older piece of work. That work was made as the centerpiece for my first solo exhibition. It was based on architectural elements found in Gothic and Romanesque churches. The piece was created using chiffons on a heat transfer painted base. It was free motion embroidered. The original is pictured here.

It is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on the reverse. The material used on the back is a piece of vintage tone-on-tone blue batik.

I'm thrilled to be trading with Beth who blogs here. Beth also blogged about our trade here.

3 comments:

Beth M said...

I would love this postcard!! Love the piece it came from too.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Beth!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you! Thanks for your interest and support!
Thanks again!
Susan

Beth M said...

Hi Susan,
Your card arrived at my house today. It is great! I love it. Am busy working on one to send to you. Will get it done ASAP and get it out to you.