Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 130...SUCCESSFULLY TRADED!


(SUCCESSFUL TRADE! Above is a fantastic postcard from Dianne. She blogged about it here. Her description of the process is, "I have used the embellisher on a purple wool block I had knitted. I layered pieces of synthetic yarn and bits of wool roving over the knitting and needle punched them. Then I did some FME and zapped with the heat gun." Thank you! Dianne!)

(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made after cutting up an older piece of work. That work was made as the centerpiece for my first solo exhibition. It was based on architectural elements found in Gothic and Romanesque churches. The piece was created using chiffons on a heat transfer painted base. It was free motion embroidered. The original is pictured here.

It is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on the reverse. The material used on the back is a piece of vintage tone-on-tone blue batik.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I don't know how you did it Susan!! It was such a magnificient piece. But boy, would I love a "little" part of such a piece!!!!

Cyber Fyber said...

Dianne!
Consider Postcard 130 on its way to you!
Susan

Dianne said...

Thankyou Susan!! It's even more beautiful in real life - I love it!!!