Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 67...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from a background of black linen with heavily painted Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web). It was created shortly after my first machine embroidery class (under Valerie Campbell-Harding) and one of the only times I've used the lettering option on my Bernina. It says "endless possibilities". To it was applied a piece of chiffon with a gold, metallic pattern and a scrap from my "Fifteen Minutes with Scraps" exercise.

The reverse is a piece of fabric paper made by adhering late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints to unbleached muslin. It is signed and dated in free motion machine embroidery.

I'm thrilled to be trading with a brand new blogger, Sandra, who's blog is here.

2 comments:

sandrastitches said...

I would like to trade this postcard with you Sue.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Sandra!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you! Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan