Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 91...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was created after slicing up an older work called Feminine Beauty. It had been a collage of late 19th century engravings (mostly fans and jewelry) on citron colored linen with painted Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web), bits of lace and millinery net, and metallic foiling. It was heavily hand stitched, beaded, and included couched on pieces of costume jewelry and buttons. A fragment was applied to olive, natural felt along with a strip of house painted upholstery material and a piece of hot pink chiffon.

The reverse is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on commercially printed fabric.

I'm thrilled to be trading this postcard with Barbara who blogs here. Barbara blogged about CYBER FYBER and our trade here.

3 comments:

zizzybob said...

I would love to trade with you. My name is Barbara and I live in South Florida.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Barbara!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you! Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan

zizzybob said...

slysvI received your card today and I must say that the photo does not do it justice. It is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for this trade. I think I got the better end of this deal.