Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Postcard 42...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from a piece of lightly painted golden/rusty felt that was heavily stitched, melted, and backed with brown felt. To it was applied some scraps of chiffon and a scrap of fabric (like postcard 24 or others like it).

The reverse is a piece of fabric paper made by adhering late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints to unbleached muslin. It is signed and dated in free motion machine embroidery.

I'm thrilled to be trading with Pearl who was a website here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to trade this postcard! I love the metallic quality to it, I'm reminded of an ancient magical crown.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Pearl!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you!
Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan