Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcard 85...Trade Being Arranged!


(Click on image to enlarge.)

This postcard was made from a background of black linen with heavily painted Wonder Under (Bond-a-Web). It was created shortly after my first machine embroidery class (under Valerie Campbell-Harding). To this with stitched an embellished fragment made from a sandwich of lacy metallic netting and pink rovings and fibers plus an old Girl Scout pin.

The back is signed and dated in free motion embroidery on a piece of paper fabric. The paper fabric was made with scraps of late 18th and early 19th century text, handmade paper, and metallic paints on unbleached muslin.

I'm thrilled to be trading with Dagmar who blogs here. She has also blogged about CYBER FYBER and our trade here.

2 comments:

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Hi Susan,
your lovely ATC arrived today! Thank you very much for the trade.
Reading your blog again I realized that it is possible to trade one ATC and one postcard per person. So I decided to exchange a postcard with you as well. Sorry that I didn't combine both trades!
To cut a long story short I'd like to trade this pc with you!
Thanks,
Dagmar from Germany

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Dagmar!
I'm thrilled to be trading with you!
Thanks for your interest and support!
Susan